On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 06:11:57PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> I think TA mentioned it was slow.  I don't know if he measured it
> or not.

Yeah:  http://xteddy.org/~n6tadam/fvwm/nytprof/

Note interpret_menu() is the culprit -- the scan_AppDir() and
read_desktop_entry() subroutines don't help, but I suspect most of that is
down to having to stat() and read in a lot of small files, so I wouldn't
concentrate on those two subroutines just yet.

If anyone needs help interpreting the output from that, let me know.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)