Dan> Olivier Chapuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> > Olivier>
>> In fact this is easy to be done:
>> We just have to modify get_name_property in add_window.c
>> (the !I18N_MB one) and the corresponding code in events.c.
>> To filter the xterm titles it is enough to use
>> XmbTextPropertyToTextList
>> The solution of the filtering problems was simple!
Dan>
Dan> I think you are suggesting to remove the 3 byte escape sequence
Dan> when fvwm is compiled without multibyte.
Dan> I've been meaning to do the same for a while but haven't
Dan> had the chance.

This is not "remove the 3 byte escape sequence" this is converting a
property according to locale. So if I have a compound text consisted
of us-ascii, koi8-r, iso8859-1 and some CJK then iso8859 and CJK will
be stripped of instead of printing cyrillic charactesrs on which they
occasionally are mapped if you just remove escapes

Dan> I think the sequence is "Esc ( B" or "Esc B (" (I forget which).
Dan>
>> Do I have to apply such changes to 2.4.5?
Dan>
Dan> Not for my benefit.

But to make fvwm more standarts passing
--
Alexander Kotelnikov