On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:46:22AM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> Dominik Vogt <fvwm-workers@fvwm.org> writes:
> > Since I play some computer games that are very dark, I have set
> > contrast and brightness to the maximum.
>
> Try Kobo Deluxe.  Its not dark, and its the only game you'll
> ever play.  (Well maybe not.)

Ever played Thief? :-)

> > I'm not against a
> > slightly grained background, but as it is it looks like its
> > nibbling on the text.
>
> Probaby due to your settings.  The texture is supposed to be
> subtle.

I asked a colleague and he did not even notice the background was
not pure black from a distance of about 1.5 metres.  Maybe my eyes
are especially sensitive to dim colours.  I thought the background
was too bright right from the start.

> > The body of the pages looks very cleanis,
> > but I dislike the page titles (colours and fonts)
>
> The fonts are your default fonts.  We don't set any fonts.

Mozilla default fonts, then.  THe Serifs are too pronounced for my
liking.  But setting our own fonts is probably not worth the
trouble.

> > and specifically
> > the old fvwm logo - it makes me scream everytime I look at it.
> > It's simply amateurish.
>
> I used the old logo because it was the default banner in FvwmBanner.
> I never switched to the new banner because I think it looks really
> bad in comparison.

I guess we don't need to know exactly which of the two looks worse.
The reasoning for the current FvwmBanner logo was "everything is
better than the old one".  That does not imply much quality in the
new one. ;-)