On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:38:23AM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> Dominik Vogt <fvwm-workers@fvwm.org> writes:

> > > The shot looks alright to me.
> >
> > Before the last change, there was about three times as much space
> > above and below the page title.  That looked much better.
>
> The Title on the background seems redundant with a similar title
> so close to it in the window titlebar.

Currently we have

  +-----------------------------------------

  |  THE OFFICIAL FVWM HOME PAGE
  |
  | +------------------------------+
  | | Welcome to FVWM              |
  | +------------------------------+
  | |                              |
  | | bla                          |
  | |                              |
  | |                              |

The logo is still missing on the front page.  How about this:

  +---------------------------------------------------

  |  [FVWM LOGO]
  |
  | +----------------------------------------+
  | | Welcome to the official FVWM Home Page |
  | | bla                                    |

> How about eliminating the title on the background?
> It doesn't fit into the desktop metaphor.

Agreed, but on the other pages we need some place for a prominent
page title.