Apr 19, 2011 at 14:27, Kathryn Andersen :
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 02:02:52PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
>>
>> [we need a new default config]
>
> [at very least the colour scheme]
>
> One program I've found helpful in devising colour schemes is Agave.
> http://home.gna.org/colorscheme/
>
> Another program which is more oriented towards window managers is
> the perl module+script Graphics::Colourset
> http://search.cpan.org/~rubykat/Graphics-Colourset-0.01/

On the choice of colorset in particular, I have found the following
website particularly useful:

http://colorschemedesigner.com/

On the topic of renewing the default config, launching the topic is a
very good initiative. I believe it would benefit to FVWM if it looked and
felt good enough out of the box.

Does this have to be some underground task with someone motivated
enough to get it done, or is there any way it gets a more collaborative
direction? I am thinking of the way a Wiki page may start from a rough
draft and slowly improve as people change things here and there.

Maybe a first step could be to gather people's opinion on what such an
out of the box configuration should provide and look like?

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what this will lead to.

P.S.: congrats on releasing 2.6. ;)

--
Julien Guertault