Hi,

I did start development of a CMS with Zend Framework as soon as it first
came out as an early alpha in March/April 2006. Due to lack of time and
some other more pressing projects, the development stopped around March
this year. But if you are interested the frontend can be seen at
http://www.adminguide.de. The backend has no public access (yet).

The reason why I decided to start to develop _yet_another_ CMS were:
- most of the free CMSes out there lacked some features I thought I
really needed
- I wanted a CMS with a modern architecture, i.e. fully object oriented,
pure PHP 5, open standards (templating with XSLT, all content in XML)
- I tried to not reinvent the wheel where possible, although I think I
was a bit early with ZF back then.

The integration of ZF with source matrix will be hard I think, because
source matrix does _not_ support PHP 5 I believe... But I know that ZF
is a great base for a CMS. It brings along many functions that you can
use right away.

Is it generally a good idea to develop yet another CMS? If you like
developing and have some time on your hands, yes. If you want to get
started with some portal/website/blog - no. There a many good CMSes out
there.

Best regards,

Georg