So, you didn't know there are other CMS on the market before you began?
That's quite disturbing. Anyway, you can always try building a better one.
Looks like MySource Matrix doesn't even work on PHP5.
You might want to invent a better wheel, just for fun of it,  maybe you're
bored.
Or you want to learn Zend Framework by building a CMS.
Ask yourself, why did you even started doing it in the first place.

Cheers,
Karol