On 4 Feb 2002, at 8:19, Craig S. Cottingham wrote:

> How about Perl 21? The moderator posts a problem ala Perl
> golfing, but also posts the size of a secret, reference
> solution. The other players try to some up with solutions that
> come as close as possible in size to the reference solution,
> without going over.

Golf I can understand [although I'm no golfer], but this direction seems
odd to me --- what are there 'rules' for the make-it-big contests?  It
seems that it is easy to make a perl program as large as you'd like, and
even easy to make it any particular length, in a dozen different ways.

  /Bernie\

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Pearisburg, VA