  BL> Gee. "Secretly"? I would have sworn it would have meant something like
  BL> "a noisy gang". At least, "kabaal" in (Flemish) Dutch means a lot of
  BL> loud noise. (For those people from Holland: you would call it "herrie".)

  BL> BTW my "Dutch dictionary of foreign words" says that the above word (not
  BL> the "noise") comes from Hebrew, indicating some sort of secret oral
  BL> doctrine only intended for a chosen few. (rough translation by me). I
  BL> have no clue where "kabaal" comes from, but it could well share the same
  BL> origin. Funny how the meaning of words can turn upside down so
  BL> completely.

the kabbalah is a collection of mystical and spiritual jewish teachings
and writings over the last two thousand years. it doesn't have anything
to do with the word cabal AFAIK.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com
-- Stem is an Open Source Network Development Toolkit and Application Suite -