At 1:24 pm -0700 9/5/02, Bruce Johnson wrote:

>Actually, what you want to do is create Video CD's out of your tapes,
>which will mean digitizing them, recompressing them with the Video CD
>compressor (In QTPro, iirc) and using Toast to actually create the Video
>CD. Toast may do the compression, as well, from a .mov file...

I agree, Quicktime Pro is well worth the small upgrade fee. You can
export using any of the codecs installed on your Mac (The plain jane
Sorensen codec is included). To get the analogue video into the Mac
is another story. If you can beg or borrow a DV deck with analogue
inputs (such as the Sony DSR-11) you can feed your analogue video
through the deck and send Firewire into the Mac. You could use
i-movie to capture the footage. You can then use i-movie to export
and compress (without using QT Pro).

Another alternative is a DV camera with video input (there are one or
two). Toast will burn your video CDs. HTH
--
With best wishes,

Roger Shufflebottom

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.