On Thursday, May 30, 2002, at 11:13  AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 5/30/02 9:26:59 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << I've never enlisted the power of the lists in this way before, but a
> grave injustice has been done against MacSlash, a Mac-related site I and
> many others visit daily. >>
>
> I don't understand. I read this post, and then went to MacSlash.com. It
> was
> there and was up and running.

The name server at your ISP cache's IP addresses for a certain amount of
time, usually specified by the domain in question. For instance, my
domains are set with a TTL ("time to live") of 1 day... if you go to my
domain, your ISP will remember my IP address for 1 day before looking it
up again to make sure it hasn't moved. Some ISPs over ride this with their
own, longer values... your ISP may hold onto IP addresses for a few days
instead, in order to reduce traffic (the less often they have to look up
info, the faster their service seems). It's possible that your ISP still
has the "correct" IP addresses for macslash.com cached. My ISP has already
expired the macslash.com data, so now I get the hijacked site....

The other possibility is that your computer has this information cached,
depending on how you have your browser set up.