> Second, an external hard drive is just an internal hard drive in a case
> with an adapter (IDE to firewire)...so they're always going to be more
> expensive...maybe your memory is reversed?  :o)
    ClubMac offers their brand case (which is a Western Digital HD) external
at 7200rpm -- 80gig for $219. They offer a one year warranty with it.

    Anyone have experience with Western Digital or any of the other non-top
line brands? They also have a LaCie 80gig, 7200 for $239. Anyone familiar
with LaCie products? Would I be better served to spend the extra cash for
the IBM?

> Is the drive you saw (the 60GB drive for $367 at clubmac) an IBM
> travelstar 60GH?
    Yes, it's an internal, and runs at the higher speed (over the 4200rpm
40gig) of 5400rpm.

Appreciate any further guidance and input. Thanks, Tivo