>Okay...I just went to the Apple site to order my nice new ibook (the
>cheapest one...the 600mhz 12.1 incher)  and...well...since when did they
>remove the option to add a combo drive???  Now the only option is to get
>the 700mhz...for 300 dollars more...

Well, as a TiBook owner, I can add a drive for 300 bucks, to upgrade
from the built in DVD drive, via MCE. If I had a rev b machine, I
could have taken that same 300 bucks and gotten the upgrade from
apple for 300 when they offered it. So I'd guess they didn't offer
it, because to apple the differen