Miller, Kimberly on 7/22/02 7:33 AM wrote:

> I'm starting medical school in the fall, and looking to get a laptop to
> replace my iMac DV (400 MHz, 128 MB RAM, OS 9.2) that I bought in January of
> 2000.  For what I currently do with the computer (usual email, web browsing,
> word processing, and digital photo editing), the iMac is actually almost
> sufficient except for it's small amount of RAM.  The photo editing is a bit
> slow, but I'm not working with huge files so it's usable.  So that makes me
> lean towards the iBook.

If you're going to be toting this around a lot, go for the iBook 12" or 14".
It is sturdier and will hold up longer. Apple built it with the educational
market in mind. The TiBook just isn't built for the rigors of daily
transportation and the abuse I would imagine it would experience in a
backpack at school.

Then spring for AppleCare. Get AppleCare. Did I mention AppleCare. It's well
worth the investment. Especially if you are going to try and squeeze out 3-4
years of use out of it. When the battery craps out in 2.5 years, you'll get
another for free. If you have questions about OS 10/11/12 in 2 years, 10
months, it's a free call. If the screen goes dim...well, you get the idea.

Oh yeah, if you do end up getting the Titanium PowerBook G4...get AppleCare.

-makmac