Yes, I would say it's the way to go for the money. For speed, it's
between the 500 and 600 MHz iBooks, which is plenty for most casual
uses. It has some features that are not even present in the Titanium or
the iBook (audio-in, expansion bays, dual battery capability), but it's
no longer a pro machine. A Titanium is still better than a Pismo, but it
also costs a LOT more.

Also note that the Pismo has an 8MB graphics card. It's supported for
graphics acceleration in OS X, but it won't be very fast, and it's not
supported for Quartz Extreme. So you won't have terrible graphics
performance, but it won't be really great either. Just so you know. It
should play DVDs fine, but it won't be great for games unless you boot
into OS 9.