Luca Rescigno at 9/4/02 (maybe):
>Also note that the Pismo has an 8MB graphics card.

I've got a Pismo/500 that I bought in April of 2000.  At the time I saw
it as the final result of a long line of laptop product iterations.

One thing that hasn't been pointed out is that Pismos have airport slots
and an integrated antenna.  Anytime I see a laptop with a wireless card
and that little antenna/dongle sticking out I forget that most people
don't have that sort of thing built in (except for Macintosh folks).

It's been my main machine since then, running every workday for at least
8 hours, most of the time playing music and rending graphics in the
background while I work.  If I had to buy a new laptop, I'd buy an
inexpensive 400 MHz Pismo, upgrade the CPU, the drive, and the RAM and
be done with it until Apple completes a few more iterations on the
Titanium line.

I use my laptop for everything except games, so the 8 MB video card
doesn't really matter much to me.  Anyway, my Pismo has been solid.  The
only flaky thing has been the power adapter.

=- Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]