for what its worth (probably not much ;)
i just got an.........
iBook 500 (2nd revision w/ 128 megs soldered, and the newer, light-up
power adapter)
256 megs ram
15 gig hd
cdrom
everything included as original (box, unopened manuals (stickers
included!!) the monitor adapter w/ the little end cap still in place,
software pack, etc.)
no dead pixels, nothing what-so-ever, in GREAT shape
for 750$ shipped
i know people prefer the pismo to the ibook for several reasons
(expansion, bus speed, etc.) but this will also give you an idea what
to look for, cause unknowledgeable people looking for a "mac laptop" is
going to see "2001 ibook! 500MHZ!" and take that over a 1999 powerbook
unfortunately just because of the fact its "newer"