On 23/09/2002 16:29, "Bruce Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
*snip*
> Only among the people kvetching about it, and if they're too cheap to
> pay $50 /year for the service, if it means that much to them, they're
> certainly too cheap to be buying new Macs.
*snip*

Actually, what gets me is that most of the kvetchers I've encountered not
only _can_ buy new Macs, they do, and they also buy state-of-the-art
peripherals, digital cameras, etc.

Most are not the folks who are the average Joe Mac users, with equipment
that is two, three, four or more years old.

Hell, if you can afford a TiBook, you can afford $50/year. If you don't like
it, find an alternative.

As for the pricing for Jaguar, it doesn't surprise me and seems perfectly
fair when you compare it to, say, the "deals" offered by Redmond, which you
brought up, Bruce.
--
If you can read this, you've gone too far.
Best,