1) Takes 15 minutes to get off the boot screen and into a 50%grey,
then X loads in 35 seconds.
2) first install: 6.5 hours on a blank hard drive. Second install 3.5
hours without installing second disc (no printer drivers, additional
applications, etc).
3) Update process to 10.2.1, security updates and iTunes 3.0 took 110
minutes. (No, I have cable).
4) IE loads in 2 minutes, when its nice.
5) Eudora runs fast. It's the only thing that runs right. Which is
helpful since I need my email.

On a lighter note:
9.2.2 loads in 14.3 seconds. IE loads in 2, Office 2001 applications
load in under 1. The only applications that load slowly are
java-based clients.

I want a tech to tell me what is wrong with my book. Not a generic
response but an actual diagnosis. I will run applications on my end
to test if need be. I love X, I am starting to hate this computer,
though.

--
Ryan Coleman