On 9/24/02 7:16 AM, "Ryan Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Broadcast into the
ether:

> The firewire port is bad and apple knows it. If I had a car I would
> drive the 15 miles to the store at Mall of America and give it to
> them and have it taken away on location. But I don't.
>
> AHT gives back no errors. Never has with any computer I have had with
> problems. I did a complete Zero the first time installed X.2. I
> hadn't run X in 2 months at that point.
>
> I removed the extra 256 and tried that the first time, no help. Apple
> Store even ran AHT and got no errors when I was last in the store in
> late July. I am scheduled to get a new lobo but I cannot afford to
> lose the computer for any period of time. If I only had my
> certification for these computers I would have apple send me the new
> lobo and I would do the install myself.

I had to replace the board in a tiBook 500.  You don't want to have to do
that in your 667.  It took me a full day.

I can assure you Ryan.  Yours is an isolated case.  I have 2 667's and they
are both running perfectly.
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert