>Without getting my hands on it, no one could likely give you an actual
>diagnosis.
>
>The first thing I would try would be to run the Apple Hardware Test
>that came with your PowerBook.
>
>Second, I would remove any extra RAM you've installed.
>
>If AHT gives no error codes, I would use OS 9's Drive Setup to Zero All
>Data on the drive, then try to install OS X again and see how long it
>takes.
>
>My guess is a hard drive problem, but it could be RAM or processor
>related as well.

The firewire port is bad and apple knows it. If I had a car I would
drive the 15 miles to the store at Mall of America and give it to
them and have it taken away on location. But I don't.

AHT gives back no errors. Never has with any computer I have had with
problems. I did a complete Zero the first time installed X.2. I
hadn't run X in 2 months at that point.

I removed the extra 256 and tried that the first time, no help. Apple
Store even ran AHT and got no errors when I was last in the store in
late July. I am scheduled to get a new lobo but I cannot afford to
lose the computer for any period of time. If I only had my
certification for these computers I would have apple send me the new
lobo and I would do the install myself.

Also, I am about to go through the 4th power adapter for this computer. UGH!

--
Ryan