on 24/09/02 09:47, Ryan Coleman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1) Takes 15 minutes to get off the boot screen and into a 50%grey,
> then X loads in 35 seconds.
> 2) first install: 6.5 hours on a blank hard drive. Second install 3.5
> hours without installing second disc (no printer drivers, additional
> applications, etc).
> 3) Update process to 10.2.1, security updates and iTunes 3.0 took 110
> minutes. (No, I have cable).
> 4) IE loads in 2 minutes, when its nice.
> 5) Eudora runs fast. It's the only thing that runs right. Which is
> helpful since I need my email.
>
> On a lighter note:
> 9.2.2 loads in 14.3 seconds. IE loads in 2, Office 2001 applications
> load in under 1. The only applications that load slowly are
> java-based clients.
>
> I want a tech to tell me what is wrong with my book. Not a generic
> response but an actual diagnosis. I will run applications on my end
> to test if need be. I love X, I am starting to hate this computer,
> though.

I can understand you. There is definitely something wrong.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

FITNR // adj.: [Thinking Machines, Inc.] Fixed In The Next Release. A
written-only notation attached to bug reports. Often wishful thinking.