In a message dated 11/17/02 9:02:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
    My PowerBook will restart and begin loading OS 9.2.  When the "smiling
face/computer" icon     loads the screen goes black, the startup chime is
heard and it will proceed to load Aqua again.

It would be nice if I could continue to load 9.2 in the proper fashion,
but this latest incident is driving me nuts.  Can anyone help?

     When it fails in 9 and goes to Aqua  have you checked the startup pane
to see if it still says 9?  You may need to trash  the  plist for the startup
preferences if you can find it.   Reset it to 9.  Try locking it if you have
to.
                Paula