In a message dated 11/18/2002 2:06:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> on 17/11/02 22:30, John Fox at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Where do I find the plist for the Startup Preferences?
> >

> > On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 10:08  PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >

> >> In a message dated 11/17/02 9:02:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >>
> >> <<
> >>     My PowerBook will restart and begin loading OS 9.2.  When the "smiling
> >> face/computer" icon     loads the screen goes black, the startup chime is
> >> heard and it will proceed to load Aqua again.
> >>
> >> It would be nice if I could continue to load 9.2 in the proper fashion,
> >> but this latest incident is driving me nuts.  Can anyone help?
> >>>>
> >>      When it fails in 9 and goes to Aqua  have you checked the startup
> >> pane
> >> to see if it still says 9?  You may need to trash  the  plist for the
> >> startup
> >> preferences if you can find it.   Reset it to 9.  Try locking it if you
> >> have
> >> to.
>
> Must not be in the usual locations (/Users/<userid>/Library/Preferences or
> /Library/Preferences) because I couldn't any suitable file that would have
> "start" in his name. Maybe the preference pane write to the PRAM? I also
> looked in the .GlobalPreferences.plist in /Library/Preferences and
> /Users/<your userID>/Library/Preferences, but couldn't find
> anything.
>
> -Laurent.
(I could not figure out how to trim the above info and impart enough information...so
I sent it all.)   I couldn't find the plist for it either.  If  Laurent couldn't find
it,  either it doesn't exist  or they don't want us touching it.
   I don't know what else to offer on this.  Keep asking questions though. Someone
will know.
               Paula