Depends if your G3/800  is an upgraded PPC or a Beige or a B&W ...all three
have dif bus speeds  46(50)/66/100   respectively.  (a G3 upgrade usually
decreases the bus speed a little in a PPC, in my 9600/umax600 experiences)

A PPC w/G3 800 and a PCI video card  I dont think will compete that well
with a G4/gigabit/500 w/AGP video card.  you may be processing info at a
quicker pace  but the G4 is sending it 100%+ faster to where it needs to
go...the PCI bus is a B&W #1 slot is also a bit faster <66mhz vs. 33mhz>  So
depends on what games you are playing, as far as gaming (if split seconds
matter)  as far as surfing and downloading  I dont think either is noticably
faster than the other.
Then Jaguar is a dif story < that Im not that familiar with > it was on my
newly aquired ibook, and I took it off as soon as I could around to it. It
slows down a ibook500 w/384 ram so it runs like an old 604e in a lot of
instances ( though the ibook500 only has 66mhz bus speed ). Ive also heard
that it doesnt do so well with many games either < unless made with osx in
mind >   I wouldnt think that a G4/500 would run it much better unless
having a lot more ram than 384.  amount of ram is also almost as important
than cpu speed.

either way   I would rather have a G4/500 (overclock it to 550) with a nice
32 or 64mb AGP Geforce card and maxed out ram  than a 1ghz upgraded PPC with
maxed ram and a 32 or 64mb pci card.    even if the G4 machine is an
upgraded B&W   if offered both for free  I think Id take the B&W G4/500(550)
over a PPC g3/800  ...for hardcore gamming.

...long live the hardcore mac gamer =)