HHHMMM,
That's funny...the tech said the $50 was definitely in case they had to transfer
the data to another drive then redo it back to the original...I was surprised at
this and made sure to double check about it..  Anyway, the system is under
applecare so there shouldn't be any additional charge..If there is, I will raise
hell with them about it.  I do have the original 192mg ram it came with...will
try that tomorrow (sun)

Roguewriter...tried the OS9 disks...won't boot from anything...Thanks for the
suggestion, though..The fan never comes on..at least I have never heard it..never
seems to get real hot...Gauge Pro has shown a max temp of about 115* on
it..always use a cool pad with it..

Hal...nothing new done except to change the access #'s and email info in the
airport setup info...had to get a new ISP...that's all that has been done
recently...
Will let you know what develops with it...
Regards,
Mike K