They did what?!?

That is a new one for me. Did they not expect you be able to pay the
$50 later if need be?!? What a weird move by Apple.

As for the problem, the only time I saw this type of failure was on a
Wallstreet with a blown motherboard fuse (surface mount type), Same
blinking light, with the fan every once and a while. I didn't fix it,
it was sold as-is and I received the report from the buyer. I wish I
could give a more positive possibility but you may have smoked the
board.

On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 09:25 PM, Kochkodin wrote:

> Yep, Pulled the top 512 chip..no joy!!  :(   Apple wanted a CC # to
> hold $50
> in case they had to transfer the data to a different HD during the
> repair.
> Regards,
> Mike K
>
> Hal wrote:
>
>> Well, Apple will probably tell you that 1GB of ram is an unsupported
>> configuration and that your ram might be drawing too much power. Have
>> you tried pulling one of your ram modules and restarting?
>>
>> Just a thought...
>>
>> On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 08:27 PM, Kochkodin wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings again,
>>>     Shut down my Pismo last night...had been on for about 1/2 hr or
>>> so...everything normal...Went to start up about 1pm today9sat) and
>>> all
>>> I got
>>> was 4 beeps, a black screen and a blinking green light every 10
>>> seconds or
>>> so...No start up chime at all...just sounded like the drive was
>>> winding up
>>> and then you could barely hear it...Held down the power button till
>>> it
>>> spun
>>> down and was presumably off....no light etc....Tried to restart while
>>> zapping pram...no joy....same thing....Called Apple and they had me
>>> re-start...when the tech heard the 4 beeps, she said the mobo was
>>> gone....Can't figure that out....At any rate I was able to get it