On 12/7/02 10:02 PM, "Kochkodin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> HHHMMM,
> That's funny...the tech said the $50 was definitely in case they had to
> transfer the data to another drive then redo it back to the original...I was
>surprised
> at this and made sure to double check about it..  Anyway, the system is under
> applecare so there shouldn't be any additional charge..If there is, I will
> raise hell with them about it.

I'm an Apple Service Tech.  They will not take care of your data.  Period.
I used to work at Apple, *and* at an Authorized service shop.  Unless this
is a new development...like it was changed *this week* or something.

Jeremy, have you ever heard of this policy?

Another thing.  You state that it is covered under Applecare? Do you just
mean that it is still in it's one year hardware warranty period, or that you
purchased an APP for it?  If you have not spent the extra $350 to purchase
Applecare I HIGHLY recommend that you do so...especially since you are
having problems now.  It will protect you in the future.  But judging that
this is a Pismo you must've purchased an APP since it is already probably
about 2 years old???  I missed that part.

Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert
Macintosh Server Administrator