On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:07 US/Pacific, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I know what you mean ;-)
>
> I haven't been dreaming about any Macintosh since a few years now,
> with a
> B&W updated with a 500 MHz G4 and a Radeon, plus my Pismo. Even if both
> computers are not the fastest, they fit my bill. But, since the
> introduction
> of yesterday, I surprised myself dreaming about if I could spare
> $3300...
> Like I said, that's the first time that this is happening to me in the
> latest few years. I guess I'm starting to be ready for an upgrade...
>
> -Laurent.

I put my Pismo up for sale and ordered a 17" AlBook.  The larger,
though more unwieldy form factor fits my use well.  But the deciding
point was that the Airport Extreme cards won't fit existing Airport
slots.  That was a cunning bit of planned obsolescence on Apple's part
- certainly pushed me over the edge.

KeS