On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> I'd do a traceroute netween you and your web server...you might find
> you're being routed through Sheboygan or something ;-)

How do you do this? If I'm in Albany, NY wouldn't I be routed via
Buffalo?
I have a cable connection. Yesterday a tech guy came to check my
connection because the speed is not what I'd call snappy (I think I'm
spoiled with a T3(?) connection at UAlbany). He suggested in response to
my asking that residential broadband probably is around 500 mhz
(compared to 750 mhz in Korea?). He also said that the population
density and the old cable infrastructure in my area might contribute to
less than ideal speed. He pinged my network connection and it was in the
50 range.
Next time I move, I'll want to know the the internet cable connection
speed as much as the utility rates. Not sure how I could do that without
the obvious anecdotal history from previous occupants.
Donald