One quirk my Pismo is haunted with is a blank screen saver on wake up. I
like the Flurry (yes, it's CPU intensive but it looks cool) and 3/4 of the
times on wake-up Flurry displays. But the other 1/4 I get a blank (white)
screen instead. Somehow or other the screen saver just stops. Password
requests works as expected.

PS Does anyone know if it's possible to have a *real* password protection on
an OS X install and hardware on a Pismo? I guess this is a multi part
question:

1. I prefer to have my computer boot up automatically into my account, so
I'd like to have a screen saver feature (like the famous _____ (can't
remember name) from the early-mid 1990s) which allows for both password
protected screen saver, BUT, if someone three finger salutes a machine while
the OS X screen saver is active they can bypass it on start up (if you have
auto-login) since OS X doesn't then request a password. Instead I would like
the auto-login to be disabled (temporarily) until an admin logs in.

2. EVEN MORE important than #1, I would like to have the screensaver
activated upon sleep. Right now I have a clumsy way around that in that I
activate the screen saver before closing the Pismo, but if it's running in
clamshell mode I can't do that since I have to put the machine to sleep from
the menu, unplug everything, wake it up, activate the screen saver, then
close it again to put it to sleep.

3. Is there a hardware password option (e.g. firmware password)? It's quite
bizarre that a laptop wouldn't have such security options (since they're so
'portable' and can easily 'walk off' in the wrong hands), especially since
OS X allows for great security potential.

Ah well, one can never accuse Apple of being smart about the important
things!

L8r, Eric.