Can you please(please, please) have this discussion off-list?

Thank you all

Marc

That's the funniest thing I think I've ever read on this list! Let me email you privately to relay my kudos! :-P

All joking aside, I'd just like to point out that the PowerBooks list seems to run extremely smoothly and civilly with almost no nanny intervention. (Heck, half the people on the list don't even know that there _is_ a nanny - when I've asked to speak with a nanny in the past, no one could tell me who it is... I can't even think of the last time Beverly posted anything to the list...)

This list can't seem to go a day without a nanny laying the smack down. And, frankly, I haven't seen any of it actually _helping_ to form a community on the list. (Before you tell me I don't know what running a list is like, let me tell you what it's like to run a list for 250 college freshmen in a dorm. Utter chaos - G-Books is extremely tame by comparison. You wouldn't believe some of the things they said about each other.)

I almost dread coming to this list for help. The PowerBooks list is extremely helpful, friendly, and community-oriented. In the last month or so on G-Books, I've seen more OT discussion and flame wars than I've seen on PowerBooks in four years. What caused this difference in "culture" between two lists so fundamentally related??

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>