On 3-Nov-03, at 4:40 PM, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

In the last month or so on G-Books, I've seen more OT discussion and flame wars than I've seen on PowerBooks in four years

I don't really want to continue this thread, but I also don't want to see G-books get maligned. I've been on this list for about a year, and I've yet to see a flame war break out.

There's certainly been a few heated discussions, but even those tend to stay fairly civil, with apologies tendered when it seems appropriate. At least that's the way it seems to me, but maybe my tolerance level is high - after a couple of run-ins with Randy Singer on the IOMUG list, almost anything else appears civil.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I really don't mind the OT posts, as long as they don't stray too far, or for too long, from actually putting your G-book to use. I'd hate to see this become just a Q&A list; Chatting about one of my three favourite topics is fun.

Cheers - Steve K.
--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi