On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Tim Gochnour wrote:

Actually, I've been contemplating getting the Apple Care on my puter I got last week. They all have the one year (BTW, you also get TechTool Deluxe besides the paperwork), but three years sounds so much more comforting....

What I tell people at work is:

If you get a PowerBook, DEFINITELY get AppleCare...PB's are expensive to fix, and easy to break.

With desktops, well, there it's a toss-up. In my experience (non Powerbook) Macs either break right away (within the 1 year warrantee), or don't do so for years and years, and things that do break are reasonably cheap to replace (primarily HDD's and optical drives). If you want peace of mind, and aren't handy fixing things yourself, AppleCare is more valuable.

As for getting Applecare on your PB overseas, it may be problematic, but the PB was purchased here it should be covered.

You will likely have to either use a local service center or pay for international shipping of your PB if it needs service. I'd *definitely* ask first, though.

--
"Wherever you go, there you are." - B. Banzai, Ph.D.
Bruce Johnson