Laurent:

Chill.

 Check your solder joints on that ABS. The caps may have degraded or
 there may be a short between the terminals. Suspect that they are
 used to condition the input power for the ABS, so any shorts will be
 reducing the power available for running the circuits. I've replaced
 my caps twice in a graphite ABS with the latest set being of a far
 greater voltage than the originals.

 Test the ABS disassembled as well. You may be moving the caps in an
 inappropriate way when you close the internal clamshell. I actually
 cut holes in the clamshell to accomodate my first set of replacement
 caps as they were too big to fit. The first set didn't fail - they
 were a temporary solution.

 If all else fails, try a hard reset on that ABS. Maybe the firmware
 got rattled to a low power setting that was mentioned in another post.

Thanks, Frank! Glad to hear from someone else who also repaired his ABS. Actually, I had a lot of problems to get enough solder into the board holes to hold the capacitors. I don't know if there is a trick when you do that, or maybe in removing the older capacitors, I did make the holes a little larger, but if there is a trick, I certainly don't know about it.

Also, since you seem more knowledgeable than me about this, if you know a
sure way to do any measurement after replacing the capacitors that would
tell me whether my solder is good or not, I would greatly appreciate. I
think that's is the only thing missing from the web site I used to do the
repair.

Again, I could certainly use your assistance to verify my (maybe poor) work.

Thanks again!

-Laurent.
--

Laurent:

Just check for continuity between a capacitor lead and a circuit board trace near the solder joints. A zero reading should indicate that your work is OK - not for sure, but good enough for our purposes. More importantly, check for any shorts between the cap leads or solder points as these are possible problems.
Not sure if there are any internal foils on this card that are relevant, but you should examine that the solder appears to have bonded to pads on both sides of the board (if present). Check http://www.seanadams.com/deadairport/ for more tips. Also would check the functioning of the unit before you close it, and do be sure to upgrade the voltage rating of the caps relative to the original ones. Also, you did respect the polarity of the electrolytic capacitors? - they do have positive and negative terminals, indicated on the cap and usually on the board....

F.