On 5/23/04 1:19 AM, "Zoltan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snippage]

> So, it's time for Airport.  This is what I want to do:  Connect an
> Aiport base station to my router, and slap in an Airport card into my
> Pismo and one in my roommates iBook.  Will this work?

Yep, that really is just about it!

> With the
> exception of running Airport Setup Assistant, is this all that needs to
> be done?  Should I get an Airport card for the G4 as well?

If you want to do away with wires altogether - especially if your computer
isn't conveniently located near your broadband modem, go ahead. But there is
no problem with having a mixed wire - wireless network.

> I am aware
> that the newer Airport Extreme card won't work with my Pismo or his
> iBook so that's not even a  concern.  Although on the Extreme subject.
> . .I like the printer sharing feature.  Can I use an Extreme base with
> the regular card in my Pismo and take advantage of the printer sharing
> with my Epson Stylus C82?  Or does the Graphite Base Station have the
> printer feature as well?

The price difference between Extreme and 802.11b is pretty large and since
neither computers in your domicile can take advantage of the speed you might
want to investigate getting a graphite and a third party USB print server.