I have a standard internal OEM ATA/IDE "Apple DVD 6X Max Speed DVD ROM,
Manufactured to Apple Specifications", pulled from a G4 AGP tower (aka
Sawtooth), which I'd like to use to give me DVD reading and video playback
capability with my 233 MHz, 256 MB Wallstreet II, which I'm going to set up
with OS 9x and OS X.

I've mounted it, for the moment, in an external USB case & have
connected it to my Wallstreet II via a Cardbus USB PCMCIA card (USB 2/1.1).

When I checked this setup under OS 9's Apple System Profiler, seems to be
showing up as a CD-Rom drive (I'm guessing at this- the listing is very
similar to that for a CD-RW Sony SPressa drive which is also connected this
way.

Do I need an Apple Decoder card to use the DVD-ROM features of this drive?

Is there DVD software either as part of OS 9/OS X, or available separately
which will allow my Wallstreet to read & play DVD's?

What do you recommend as my best course of action? Should I mount this drive
in another type of external drive case which will connect to the Wallstreet
through another of its ports?

Thanks for your suggestions!

stanton