Just when I was definitely sure I knew what I needed/wanted, I realized I didn't. I
have a LombardG3 400 with a firewire2Go card and a 60GB HD. I do not have a DVD burner
for the PB or in any other form yet.
What I would like, first of all, is to transfer VHS tapes to DVD. There are DVD
recorders that can do it, as well as record TV shows. I also like the idea of
recording TV shows into the PB, then burning them to CD (CVD?.)I almost went to
BestBuy yesterday for a DVR machine with Tivo, but realized in time that it doesn't
burn to DVD disc.
There's EyeTV, MyTV, lots of DVD recorders with inputs for VCR cables. Help!

Can someone guide me before I make a mistake I can't afford?

Willi