"Well, the iBook 366 *CAN*."

If you believe that only the G3 processor counts, do
the following:

Boot on OS 9 and from System/Libary/Extensions, move
all the ATI files to another place.

Boot on OS X and check "Full Screen" with any
Application (mplayer, QuickTime or another).

When placing the Extensions on the Extensions folder,
trash the "Extensions.kextcache" and the
"Extensions.mkext". The System will create new ones.

The ATI Rage 128 has decent support on OS X.