On 10/08/04 11:28, "Greg Gilmore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Many thanks for the answers, Jan!
>
>> Q1: Yes, theoretical speed - depends on the distance from the base station,
>> objects in the way (walls, etc.), other electronics that can interfere with
>> the signal (home wireless phones, microwaves, ...). But theoretically yes.
>> You
>> are not going to notice the difference though.
>
> OK. So, there appears to be no point in buying an Extreme base station,
> unless I wanted to invest in Extreme now in anticipation of future computer
> upgrades, right? Or not worth it?

That's pretty much it. But, why not considering AirPort Express? At $149, it
seems like a good value when compare to a full base station, unless you need
the router functionality that a full base station offers.

>> Q2: No you can not fit Airport Extreme Card to the TiBook 667 only the new
>> books have slot for this card (Alu books).
>
> What about an 802.11g PCMCIA card for the TiBook? Possible?

Possible, but you would certainly need an OS X driver to drive the card and
I don't know if anybody has written one already.

-Laurent.