I wrote:
All PBs from Pismo on have mpeg playback hardware as part of their ATI
graphics subsystems.

to which Drew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> replied:
Thanks kind of a stretch, wouldn't you say?  Those graphics systems
don't have dedicated hardware for decoding MPEG-2.  Rather, they have
enough horsepower and a few extensions that lend themselves to the
processing required for decoding MPEG-2.
Ohhhhh Drew-woo! No stretch at all. The graphics subsystems in "all PBs
from Pismo on" have hardware mpeg2 playback incorporated into their ATI
chips as per Apple's own devnotes. Now whether Apple provides drivers for
that hardware is a different story.

Again, here's a link to my devnotes video HW infos compilation:
<http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/pb_video.html>

Ah! I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks for setting me straight!
Peace,