"Samuel Frost" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a Bronze G3 powerbook, with OS 9.1, do I need to install any virus
> protection while surfing the net.  I heard Apple designs were fairly
> resistant to most types of viruses.

With OS 9.1, I would not bother unless you receive Microsoft Word documents
from PC users.  You could receive viruses that hurt if those users generate
their documents using Macros.  In that case, you need protection.
Theoretically, receiving e-mail can pose a virus threat, but I have not used
any virus protection for at least three years.  Surfing the net (web pages)
does not bring you viruses.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,