regarding unfamiliar meta keys:

I like heading the other direction from simple in times of frustration or
dire need.

("The key shortcut you want in that app is

ctrl - rightshift - beanie - option -  Q, A, A, footswitch, then hold Fn and
right-alt and kick your cpu off the table.")

see also:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/hackdict/split2/space-cadet_keyboard.html
 "It was equipped with no fewer than *seven* shift keys:"

and

http://www.lysator.liu.se/hackdict/split2/double_bucky.html
 "It was half-seriously suggested that the extra shifting keys be
implemented as pedals;
typing on such a keyboard would be very much like playing a full pipe
organ."