On 29/09/04 16:29, "Alan C.Magnus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2004, at 11:37 am, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm, I can't see why it wouldn't boot from a single 512MB chip. Of
>> course,
>> the odds of getting 2 consecutive bad chips is pretty small, but maybe
>> the
>> provide had a bad batch?
>>

> Laurent,
>
> I was just online with Crucial and this was there response. Sorry but
> it reads from the bottom line up:
>

> Alan> a pleasure
> Carmen> You are welcome. Thank you for visiting Crucial.com.
> Alan> Thank you very much Carmen.
> Carmen> Since the module was purchased 3rd party you will need to see
> what the return policy is from the person you purchased the module
> from.
> Alan> will tthe supplier, MacCenter in FT Laudredale, change it or do I
> send it to Crucial?
> Carmen> Yes.
> Alan> The AP makes the difference?
> Carmen> CT6464X335 is not compatible with an Apple system. You need
> CT6464X335AP that has a different chip solution that is compatible with
> an Apple system.
> Alan> 1.25
> Alan> 15" PowerBook G4 Aluminum
> Carmen> What is the mhz?
> Alan> What is the correct RAm for an 15" PowerBook G4
> Carmen >What is the model of your G4 Powerbook?
> Carmen> One moment please.....
> Alan> I was sold CT6464X335.16F Ram for an Apple Powerbook G4. it does
> not work. is this the correct ram
> Carmen> Hello Alan. How can I help you?
>
> Can you believe this? MacCenter is an Authorised Apple dealer.

That's odd! You would imagine that a Mac dealer would sell memory that works
in Apple products! You should let them know and require a refund. That's in
part why I never bought any memory from any local dealer. Sometimes, they
are not always competent and usually, the memory they sell is more expensive
than what you can find on the Internet. Can you imagine that Apple itself
would charge me $700 more to have an additional 1GB of memory when I can buy
it myself for $200?

-Laurent.