Depends entirely on the price of the warranty.  For $400 I wouldn't buy
AppleCare, but at $50 or $100 I would.  Of course, it doesn't cost $50 or
$100, so I'll roll the dice on my 12" G4.  At least if my jewel does go
South, that $400 I saved on AppleCare is almost half the price of the
current iBook, which except for some video features I don't use and its
smallish hard drive is actually more powerful than the 1GHz PowerBook that
is now only 1-year-old.

Andrew

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/money/extended_warranties/why_buy.htm>