On 12/17/04 7:04 PM, "Andrew F." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> Depends entirely on the price of the warranty.  For $400 I wouldn't buy
> AppleCare, but at $50 or $100 I would.  Of course, it doesn't cost $50 or
> $100, so I'll roll the dice on my 12" G4.  At least if my jewel does go
> South, that $400 I saved on AppleCare is almost half the price of the
> current iBook, which except for some video features I don't use and its
> smallish hard drive is actually more powerful than the 1GHz PowerBook that
> is now only 1-year-old.

Yep.  Good idea.  If I sent you a parts price list on that book you would
have a cow.  The LCD is over $500.  The Board is $700.  If *any* single part
breaks on it it will cost far more than the Applecare policy (battery and
RAM excluded).

Kyle H. Hansen
--
Jesus Saves...but Gretzky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!