on 04/01/05 22:40, James Sanderson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Here's my problem.  I installed 10.3 on a WS 1/233 with 288MB desktop.
> It booted into it just fine; would sleep and wake just fine; the video
> wouldn't white out.  It seemed pretty stable.  I shut down after a day,
> allowing it to shut down and restart per a schedule I set.  Everything
> worked fine.  After using it for a time, I shut down for a whole day.
> When I restarted the darn thing booted into 9.2.  Now it boots into 9
> all the time.  To get to 10 I have a ritual I have to go through.  Boot
> into 9, try to reset the start disk, freeze, restart into 9, reset the
> start up disk, restart.  It has done this consistently for three days
> now.  Yesterday the date and time reset.  It holds the time when it
> finally boots into 10, but looses it when it boots into 9.
> Would only the PRAM battery be the culprit of all this quirkiness?
>
> A. M. G. D.

It is quite possible, since the startup disk I believe is stored in the PRAM
along the date and time used by OS 9.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."