The adapters are pricy, so
I think looking for a new printer is the way to go,
But it's just a shame to give up this laserprinter
that has nothing wrong with it!
Thanks to everyone for info on this!
Kim
Oups! After reading my reply, I realize that you might not even be able to
connect the printer to your Pismo. Since I think this printer has only
serial connection, I'm thinking that you might not even be able to use it
with your Pismo. Sure, you could buy a Serial-to-USB adapter, but I'm not
sure this old printer would be worth the cost and the trouble to get it
hooked to your Pismo. FYI, I found a used LaserWriter 16/600PS on eBay a few
months ago for $80. This printer has built-in Ethernet (actually, it has a
FriendlyNet kind of connector, so you need a FriendlyNet adaptor, also
available for about $5 on eBay), and the printer is fully supported under OS
X. There is no need to share it from one computer since the printer is
always available on the network. Other printers with some kind of Ethernet
connection would work as well.

-Laurent.

--
Don't leave our children with the burden of the IRS!
www.fairtax.org