on 21/07/05 07:20, Francesco sciacca at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi folks,
> a friend just bought a new shiny 15" G4 and we have a couple of questions to
> get started:
> - filling in the registration at startup and sending to Apple is enough to
> have the PB registred (with serial Nr., etc) to her name for all purposes?
> Or is something else needed?
>
> - I think I vaguely remember somebody mentioning additional services for
> registering the Serial Nr. There's such a thing? If yes, does it make sense?
> (we are in the UK)
>
> - Battery: there was some advice for getting started on the right foot with
> the battery. Was it charging up for some time, or discharging it to the
> bone, baking, freezing, I can't recall. I remember the practice of
> discharging it totally about once a month and the discharge to 40% + cool it
> to maintain whwn not used for long times.

Not sure about the initial registration, e.g. If it's enough to register it.
If you have an Apple ID, then I would suggest you login into their support
section and you should have an option that will tell you how many days
remain on your warranty, if you have one. So, you'll know if you've been
registered or not. Not sure about the additional services,  never heard
about it. As for the battery, read the user guide that comes with it. There
are instructions for the 1st charge so you might want to follow them...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Genius From Mars Technique: n. [TMRC] A visionary quality which enables one
to ignore the standard approach and come up with a totally unexpected new
algorithm. An attack on a problem from an offbeat angle that no one has ever
thought of before, but that in retrospect makes total sense. Compare grok,
zen.