I found this happened to me as well. It happens when
you use iPhoto's built in burn function. It's actually
burning an iPhoto library to be imported into another
iPhoto. You can get around this by selecting the pics
you want and then dragging them on to the CD. Once
copied, the burn will be the real pics and not an
iPhoto library.